Submissions should include
Proposal / Project Description
A clear and concise description (500 words or less) of the proposed exhibition, describing in detail the concept and focus of the proposed exhibition and listing any specific requirements
5-10 digital images of the work you are proposing to exhibit saved as JPG files or 5 minutes of video footage on a DVD or memory stick, if appropriate. If sending via email, please send low resolution images (less than 500kb) as attachments (i.e. not in the body of the email). All images must be numbered and labeled and accompanied by a corresponding image list (which includes title, date, medium and dimensions). Do not send original works of art
Video: All digital work must be self-supporting. Submit only the material that demonstrates your artistic accomplishments related to the proposed project.
Please do not submit a website address or any other link in lieu of attaching digital files.
Artists Statement (500 words or less) describing the focus of your recent work and your objectives
Curators Statement (500 words or less) describing the theme(s)
Biography (250 words or less)
Current CV (maximum two pages) summarizing relevant training, related teaching or employment experience, artistic accomplishments and public presentations of work. Also include mention of awards and scholarships, and a bibliography of reviews and articles. Be sure to include your name and contact information.
Please submit all text documents digitally in Word or PDF file format. Visual materials will only be returned if accompanied by a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage affixed. Email submissions are preferred.
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Please note that our exhibition schedule is determined two to three years in advance, though submissions are accepted and adjudicated on an ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest. Successful applicants will be contacted.
- Proposals should be for work that has not previously been shown within a 100km radius of Nelson.
- If submitting a group proposal, include a C.V., artist’s statement and bio for each artist; the portfolio and inventory list should contain the collaborative work produced by the group.
- If you are proposing an exhibition for which the work has not yet been made and which will differ significantly from previous work, contact the Curator to discuss your project before submitting a proposal.
- Artists and curators working in any medium or discipline are eligible to apply.
- Touchstones Nelson looks at artistic vision and merit, relevance to our audiences, diversity, and new works when considering any proposal.
Please review the submission guidelines carefully! Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Proposals should be marked: Attn. Curator
And may be submitted by e-mail to:
Or by post to:
Touchstones Nelson Museum of Art and History
502 Vernon Street,
Nelson, British Columbia
Questions? Contact the curator at: 250.352.9813 (ext. 275)