Visitors to the permanent exhibitions will experience the geographical challenges, enchanting beauty and human resourcefulness of this place. Visual and interactive modules present the compelling stories of this area including:
- First People, First Culture, First Land : an introduction to the Sinixt and Ktunaxa nations, their culture and their perspectives
- European Exploration and the Challenges of Trade and Travel Routes: drawn to the area first by fur and then by gold, early explorers faced unforgiving terrain and challenging travel routes
- Way Down in the Mines: the beginnings of Nelson’s economic history
- Transportation: from sturgeon nose canoes to steam driven paddle wheelers – the transportation module focuses on the history of Nelson’s rails and waterways
- Powerful Water: how the water in our backyard provided one of the first hydroelectric power plants in the province.
- The Queen City : from John Houston to Taffy Jack this module offers an eclectic and enjoyable overview of Nelson’s colourful human history
- The Culture in Our Midst, Nelson Today: visitors will learn why we thrive, are still here and are becoming a place of refuge.
Our permanent offerings have another face: Virtual Exhibitions.
Warning: include(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /home/boreale/Websites/touchstonesnelson.ca/exhibitions/permanent_exhibitions.php on line 60
Warning: include(http://touchstonesnelson.ca/includes/footer.inc): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/boreale/Websites/touchstonesnelson.ca/exhibitions/permanent_exhibitions.php on line 60
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://touchstonesnelson.ca/includes/footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php71/usr/share/pear') in /home/boreale/Websites/touchstonesnelson.ca/exhibitions/permanent_exhibitions.php on line 60